- News & Announcements.
- Current TSO WG Tasks
- JIRA ticket updates
Meeting slides can be found
1. News & announcements
|25min||2. TSO Commissioning Activity Updates|
- TSO JWebbinar took place yesterday, 30 Nov. very positive. Produced some good comprehensive notebooks.
- High efficiency modes:
- first draft of the report is being circulated, can be shared amongst the group (Everett Schlawin, Knicole Colon & Sarah Kendrew would like to read it)
- some highlights: clear improvement in precision can be achieved - see plots in slides
- pretty strong justification
- is data volume considered? not so far - but should factor in there as higher efficiency will produce more data.
- would also be be useful to add info on ngroups to the summary table
- is compelling message to really convey that the detections are marginal so higher efficiency would make a differences to the most challenging proposals.
- for MIRI we can in principle actually do ngroups = 1 if we don't care what it looks like. NIRISS will be doing this in commissioning.
- NIRSpec pipeline validation: the gift that keeps on giving
- jump step seems to be really weird on CV3 data. finds 10s of thousands of jumps in a small subarray (basically all the background pixels). found this was due to negative background counts.
- maybe should just drop the jump step for subarrays (as these have no reference pixels)
- should add an extra step after ref pixel correction step to manage this in cases where there is no ref pixels
- could somehow detect the pre-amp resets independent of flux and correct...?
- Nestor Espinoza will open a ticket (or multiple ones) to address this.
|25min||3. Non-linearity correction work|
|10 mins||4. 1/f noise discussion|
|2 mins||5. Closing Remarks||Nestor Espinoza|