|5min||New group email list||Name|
- JWST-TSOWG "at" maillist.stsci.edu
| ||Unexpectedly small TSO data and file segmentation|| |
- In testing there was a TSO smaller then the 2G segment size that had been set. This caused the segmentation code to fail.
- NIRCam Grism Time Series, Duration= 258 seconds
- Option 1: Treat it as unsegmented exposure
- Filename will not have "seg" in it
- The TSO_VISIT keyword in the header is the best way to determine what data is time series, not the "seg" in the filename
- If you don't segment it, would you want the segment-related header keywords added, or not?
- Option 2: Treat it as segmented exposure
- Consistent naming convention for all TSO data (all with "seg" in them)
- Down-side that the data will be labeled as segmented data, but there is only one segment
- Decision to take option 2, we will have 1 segment for small TSO.
"Allow Multiple Exposures of NIRSpec Bright Object Time Series"
- The ability to create more than one exposure per visit was only missing in the NIRSpec BOTS template.
- For bright sources and thus short integrations (low number of groups) one exposure will not be long enough to cover the entire transit or phase curve for the target -> therefore the need for more than one exposure
- Topic discussed at PPS/DMS meeting
- There are two options (either OSS changes their scripts or APT makes changes)
- Final decision hasn't been made.
- Likely that it will end up being handled in the front-end (easier to implement for APT than OSS, but less efficient)
- Will NOT have a TA at the start of the second exposure, exposures will be contiguous
- Optimal algorithm prioritization
- Spectral background subtraction
- Recentering during aperture photometry
- "Optimal" spectral extraction
- Meeting Dec 11th to discuss
- Sarah Kendrew and Kevin Stevenson to meet next week to discuss plan for unit testing/validation of TSO pipeline
- Will seek input from WG once we have a baseline plan
- No coding at this point, only need list of items to validate
|Precise Timing with FPE||Brian Brooks|
- John/Brian gave presentation at Oct DMS_TSO meeting
- See last meeting's notes (2018-10-01 TSO WG Meeting notes) for details
- New/more mnemonics identified
- Making progress on Notebook
- Goal is to write up a technical report by mid-Jan
|MIRI JPL Test ||Dan D.||Goals: |
- Characterize and mitigate ramp
- Provide recommendation on fluence
- Previous results showed large ramp, attributed to BB source
- Currently conducting tests with LED
New results to come next meeting