On this page...
The HelpDesk can be reached in the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- STScI Service Portal: https://stsci.service-now.com/mast (requires login)
You should receive an acknowledgement of your question or report within one business day. Resolution may take from minutes to days, depending upon the complexity of the question.
If you wish to contribute new High-Level Science Product (HLSP) collections, or making updates to existing collections
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct problem reports and questions to the Archive HelpDesk about any of the following:
- Understanding data products from any MAST-hosted mission
- The use or performance of any MAST interface, including:
- The Data Discovery Portal
- Use of the python
- Mast catalogs
- CasJobs (requires a separate user account)
- Protected data:
- MAST User Accounts and Data use policy
- Authorization to retrieve protected data
- Creation and use of Auth tokens for scripted retrieval of protected data
- Data Downloads and Methods
- Access to data from the JWST Engineering Database
- API retrieval
- Publication resources:
- Required mission acknowledgements
- Creation of a DOI for MAST mission data you use in a publication
- Submission of High Level Science Product (HLSP) collections to MAST
- Any MAST documentation where corrections are needed.
Technical or scientific questions on topics not directly related to MAST, such as those listed below, should instead be directed to email@example.com.
- Operation or performance of science instruments on active missions
- Planning, scheduling, or execution of observations on active missions
- Calibration of science or engineering data products
- Use of STScI-provided software, Jupyter notebooks, APT, or other tools
- Calls for Proposals
- Observation duplication policy
Your question will be routed to the appropriate domain expert.