The HelpDesk can be reached in the following ways:
You should receive an acknowledgement of your question or report within one business day. Resolution may take from minutes to days, depending upon the complexity of the question.
Direct problem reports and questions to the Archive HelpDesk about any of the following:
- Understanding data products from any MAST-hosted mission
- The use or performance of any MAST interface, including:
- Protected data:
- Data Downloads and Methods
- Publication resources:
- Submission of High Level Science Product (HLSP) collections to MAST
- If you have questions about submitting HLSP collections, or updating one, send email to: email@example.com
- Any MAST documentation where corrections are needed.
Technical or scientific questions on topics not directly related to MAST, such as those listed below, should instead be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Operation or performance of science instruments on active missions
- Planning, scheduling, or execution of observations on active missions
- Calibration of science or engineering data products
- Use of STScI-provided software, Jupyter notebooks, APT, or other tools
- Calls for Proposals
- Observation duplication policy
Your question will be routed to the appropriate domain expert.